Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days Series: Day 22

 Hand & Footprint Ghosts
This is fun to do each year so the kids can see how much bigger their "ghosts" are from the last Halloween.  You can even use these ghosts to decorate the front of handmade party invites!  This is a craft that even the littlest member of the family can join in on.

Supplies:
-white paint
-black construction paper
-scissors
-black paint or black permanent marker
-glue stick

Directions:
1. Paint your child's hand or foot with white paint.
2.  Have them place their painted hand or food onto the black construction paper.
3.  Let the paint dry.
4.  Add eyes and maybe a mouth with your black paint or marker.
5.  Cut the "ghost" out and hang it up for a cute Halloween decoration.
I gave my girls the supplies and let them have at it :)
After doing this with my kids, I saw an idea on Pinterest to do this with each child's hand or foot print on a black painted canvas as a Halloween keepsake.  I just had to do it.  Here's how it turned out...

I also used this idea from Pinterest to paint my canvas:
Put push pins into the back of the canvas so it will be off the counter enough to paint sides and not get paint on the counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment