Friday, September 21, 2012

Pumpkin Nut Pound Cake

So I can't really say this is a healthy recipe although I tried where I could.  But since tomorrow is the first day of fall, I had to make and share it with you. Let me know what you think!  Don't forget to follow me on Facebook!

Ingredients:
-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
-3/4 cup of softened butter (I used butter made with olive oil & sea salt)
-2 eggs
-1 cup solid packed pumpkin
-1 3/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)
-1/2 cup finely chopped or ground pecans
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp allspice
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-Glaze (powdered sugar & water)
-sliced almonds

Directions:
1.  Combine sugars, butter and eggs in a large bowl.
2.  Using a mixer or by hand, beat until fluffy.
3.  Add pumpkin; beat just until blended.
4.  Combine flour, pecans, baking soda, salt & spices. Gradually add to batter, beating well after each addition.
5.  Pour in greased 9x5 inch loaf dish.
6.  Bake at 325 degrees for 75-80 minutes or until toothpick (inserted into center) comes out clean.
7.  Remove from pan and let cool.
8.  Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with sliced almonds.

**Glaze-combine 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2-3 tbsp of water. 
It turned out to be more of a pumpkin bread than a pound cake but absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment