-3/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
-3/4 cup of softened butter (I used butter made with olive oil & sea salt)
-1 cup solid packed pumpkin
-1 3/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)
-1/2 cup finely chopped or ground pecans
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp allspice
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-Glaze (powdered sugar & water)
1. Combine sugars, butter and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Using a mixer or by hand, beat until fluffy.
3. Add pumpkin; beat just until blended.
4. Combine flour, pecans, baking soda, salt & spices. Gradually add to batter, beating well after each addition.
5. Pour in greased 9x5 inch loaf dish.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 75-80 minutes or until toothpick (inserted into center) comes out clean.
7. Remove from pan and let cool.
8. Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with sliced almonds.