Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Adventures

Its been about a year ago now that life as we knew it started to change.  My husband took a new job in Durham, NC (about 3 1/2 hours away) and his start date was before I was due with our third child.  I was very pregnant and wanted to stay in Asheville until after the baby was born.  So when I was 34 weeks pregnant, my husband started his new job and drove home on the weekends.  We pretty much got to see him for about a day and a half every week because he wouldn't get back until late Friday night and have to leave after church on Sundays.  Harper (our oldest daughter), was playing soccer on Saturdays, so we would spend the morning at her game and the rest of the day having some much needed family time.  On Saturday, October 22, I was having really bad back pains that would come and go.  But my husband and I were supposed to have a date night that night so I tried to ignore them.  Later that afternoon, we took our girls to my in-laws house and were left trying to think of where we should eat dinner that night.  Well, to make a long story short, date night ended up being at the hospital and our son, Archer, was born at 12:32am on October 23rd.  My husband had to head back down the mountain for work on Tuesday and for the next four weeks, he was gone all week and came home on the weekends. I decided pretty quickly that playing the role of single mom to two young children and a brand new baby was not fun! So after talking to my husband, he found a rental house in Durham that we would fit in and signed a lease.  Right before Archer turned one month old, we packed the house up and moved to Durham.  Yep, we got to spend Thanksgiving unpacking boxes :)  We ended up being in Durham for about four months before we moved again (we aren't big city people) to Haw River, NC.  We really like it here!  Just a few weeks ago, Palmer (our middle child) turned four and just this past week, Harper started kindergarten and I decided to become a work at home mom. In October, Archer will turn one year old.  Its been a heck of a year but our kids have adapted better than I ever imagined and we are a happy family!
Right before we left Asheville (Leicester actually) and moved down the mountain.  Had to get one more picture of the girls in front of the first house they called home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment