Saturday, September 15, 2012

Countdown to Halloween

Yes I know it's only the middle of September but my kids can not wait for Halloween.  They are already asking me, "How many more days?"  So I decided to do a quick little craft so the kids could keep track on their own and have something to answer the question I get at least once a day.  Harper (my kindergartner) is working on writing her numbers so I put her in charge of writing the number every day.  Here's what I came up with...

I have tons of scrapbook stuff (that I never have time to use) so I got some of it out.  I used a piece of orange construction paper, small piece of black construction paper, jack-o-lantern face punch out, and stickers.  I glued some ribbon around the perimeter but it didn't really show up when I stuck it in the frame.  Then I went to the Dollar Tree and got this black frame. I put the paper inside the frame and we use a black dry erase marker to write on the glass to keep track of the days.  It's nothing fancy but it works and it only cost me $1 to make! Even if you don't have lots of scrapbook stuff lying around, you could go to the dollar store and get paper, stickers and a frame for a total of $3...pretty cheap craft!  Do you do anything to countdown for Halloween or other holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment