Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday's Tip of the Day...

Handheld Hide-n-Seekgreat activity for the kids and such an easy and fun thing to take in the car, waiting at the doctor or dentist's office, to a restaurant, all kinds of places!
 
One day I decided to give my kids a mission.  I handed them each a clear plastic water bottle and told them to go around the house and find at least 8 things that would fit inside.  They took off and came back about 10 minutes later with their "treasures." We dumped each child's items out and I let them tell me what they found.  I wrote each thing down on an index card.  After both girls had their lists, I let them pour (with my help) dry rice into their bottles...all the way to the top.  Then I glued the tops on and attached their lists on with a rubberband.  They were so excited that they made a toy/game.  Now we use them in the car, waiting at the drs office, at the dinner table while Mommy gets their plates ready, anywhere where they need to sit still for a little while. 




No comments:

Post a Comment