Here's the ingredients we used:
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (you can use the pre-shredded kind or use a grater on a cheese block)
- 4 Tbs of butter (I would soften it. I had mine out of the fridge for a little while before using it but it needed to be softer because it was a little hard to get it all mixed in well.)
- 3/4 cup of flour (we used whole wheat)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- coarse or sea salt to sprinkle on tops of crackers
*This recipe will make between 9 1/2-10 dozen crackers.
|Taking turns rolling out the dough|
- Put all ingredients into your food processor and pulse until it forms a doughy consistency (I do not own a food processor so we used the blender and it worked just fine.)
- Take your dough out and put it between two pieces of wax paper.
- Using a rolling pin (I actually have one of those..haha) roll the dough out to about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Using a pastry wheel or small cookie cutter or even a pizza cutter (like we did) cut dough into shapes.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 1/2" apart from each other.
- Poke a hole in the center of each cracker (we used the back end of a wooden skewer and it was the perfect shape and size) so that they don't puff up too much.
- Sprinkle with coarse or sea salt
Harper poking holes in the center of the crackers with the back end of a skewer
|Sprinkled with coarse salt and ready for the oven|
I definitely had my doubts but these were delicious and the girls loved them too. Guess what Harper requested to take for snack at school today?!
If you give these a try, let me know what you think and please remember to like me on Facebook!
Recipe from http://www.cookingalamel.com