Monday, December 17, 2012

What we've been up to...

Saying we have been busy this month would be an understatement.  I thought I would share what we have been up to in the Smart household through the eyes of my camera...

Archer got his 1st haircut ever.  I was tired of people asking me if he was a boy or a girl, so as much as I didn't want to cut off his cute curls, I did.  He went from looking like a baby to looking like a little boy in just a few minutes.  He wasn't too sure about sitting in that big chair all by himself but as soon as I handed him my car keys, he was good to go and did surprisingly great while the lady cut his hair.

Palmer's hair was getting out of control and is so hard to fix because of how fine it is.  It won't stay up in a pony tail or braid very well and when I leave it down, it just goes crazy.  She was very excited about getting her hair chopped off and it has been much easier to manage and fix.

I had no intention of Harper getting a haircut but after Archer and Palmer got theirs cut, she begged me to take her too.  So off we went.  I asked the lady to cut a little off...well she cut a LOT off but Harper was super happy with it and I liked it a lot better than I thought I would.  Her hair is VERY thick and this new cut has made it much easier to manage.  She also lost a front too about the same time as she got her haircut.  The  other front tooth is barely hanging on so I'm sure I'll have some toothless picture to post soon!

Graham Parks and Rec department put on a wonderful opportunity for the kids in the area.  For two weeks, they had a synthetic ice skating rink at the brand new Children's Museum and each night there would be a fun event.  We went on the two nights that you could skate with characters.  The girls got to skate for the very first time in their lives and meet Belle and Snow White (there was also Batman & Spiderman for the boys).  They had a blast doing it and Daddy, Archer and I had a fun time watching!

We finally had a night that we got to go pick out a tree and decorate it.  We get  a real tree every year as part of our family Christmas traditions and let the kids decorate it with all the ornaments we have.  It might not be a beautiful themed tree but I love having ornaments on there that mean something to us and watching the kids decorate is priceless.  Archer was pretty excited about his first chance to take part in this family tradition.

We got to attend our first family Christmas get together of the season at my aunt's house.  The girls were excited to get to play with their cousin.  A good time was had by both the kids and adults!

We have also been pretty busy creating, decorating, baking and crafting.  The girls love doing all these things and the fun activities help me keep them busy on the days Daddy is traveling.

What have you been up to this month?
 
Remember to like me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so cute! I don't know if any gum drops would have made it to the Christmas trees in my house!! :)

    Laura@MiceInTheKitchen

    ReplyDelete