Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Christmas Gift for the Teacher Idea

Since I posted what my daughter is giving her kindergarten teacher yesterday, I thought I'd post what my preschooler will be giving her teachers today.  When we went to the Dollar Tree to get some of the items for the 12 Days of Christmas gifts, I saw these adorable travel mugs.  An idea instantly popped into my head.  After doing our shopping (yes me by myself with three kids shopping on a Saturday afternoon...exhausting but we had fun!)  Here is what we came up for my middle smarties preschool teachers and director:
Travel mug-stuffed with hot chocolate packets and some candy canes.  I thought about decorating the mug all Christmasy but then decided against it so the teachers can use it all year.  I did however use my daughter's thumb print to make a heart and then had her sign her name on the outside of the mug.  
I will also be making my mom's famous Derby Pie to go along with it.  I give these out every year and have had people (who have received them for several years) tell me that this is one of the things they look forward to getting at Christmas!  Yes they are that good!  Feel free to copy and paste the recipe.

Derby Pie
This has been a favorite in my family for as long as I can remember

Ingredients:
-2 eggs, slightly beaten
-1 stick butter, melted
-1 cup English walnuts, chopped
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup flour
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 (9in.) pie shell, unbaked

Directions:
~Combine all ingredients
~Mix well
~Spread into pie shell
~Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
~Delicious right out of the oven or refrigerated
~Add a scoop of vanilla icecream for an extra yummy treat 

 * You can get really cute bags to put pies in at Dollar Tree!

I found a free printable that I attached to each travel mug. You can find it here.

Remember to like me on Facebook at My little smarties

No comments:

Post a Comment