Friday, August 9, 2013

First Day of School Teacher Gift

Last year, when my oldest started kindergarten, we found such a cute first day of school gift for her to take to her teacher. (found here at one of my all-time favorite blogs!) This year she wanted to do it for her first grade teacher and her little sister wanted to make one for her preschool teacher.  

Here's what we did:

 ~Got a couple of bags of M&M's -we chose the regular ones instead of the peanut ones since there are so many people allergic to peanuts
~Poured them into a couple of half pint mason jars -I try to keep these on hand because they can be used for some many crafts and ideas 
~Printed off the little poem-you can print it off onto cardstock or use regular printer paper and glue onto a piece of scrapbook or construction paper to keep it from being too flimsy
~Punched a hole into the paper with poem and attached it to the jar using string, twine, yarn, etc.
~You can also add a piece of cute paper or fabric on the top of the jar for more decoration

 Here's the poem:

Green is for the inspiration you will give me each day
Blue is for your patience in showing me the way
Orange is for your awesome first grade style
Yellow is for the way I know you will make me smile
Red is for my life that you will touch this year
You're a very special teacher just like this jar, that's clear
You place your knowledge into our hands
and melt into our hearts.
You're a “Magnificant” and “Marvelous” teacher...
Thank you for being my “M & M”.

No comments:

Post a Comment